Thursday, September 19, 2013

Tsunami Rose Designs - Tutorial - Shutter Card



Hi everyone, 

Today Im blogging a tutorial, a shutter card.
Its the first tutorial Im making, so I hope its okay.

If you miss something, just let me know....its you readers that helps me get better. :)

***

Start with a cardstock, that you cut in the size of 5½" x 12" (inch)
Then you score it at 2", 4", 8" and 10".
Then you fold it every other up and down, as you can see on my picture.

Then you pick your paper/papers that you wanna use.
Here I have chosen to use the papers from the Mechanical Error-set, stunning papers that I can guarantee that you will love. 

Then I cut my papers in the sizes that I like. 

My chioce was 
2 pieces 5" x 1½"
1 piece 3 7/8" x 2 21/8"
1 piece 2 3/8" x 1 2/8"
2 pieces 3 ½" x 1 2/8"
4 pieces 1 6/8" x 1 1/8"
2 pieces 1 3/8" x 2"


After cutting my paper pieces as I like them, I chalk the edges.
Here I have chosen my favorite, Ingvild Bolmes black chalk.


 I add the papers onto my card, and then I add a sentiment.
I have chosen to use the Swedish word "Kram", that means "Hug" in English.



Next step is decoration of your choice.
My decorations is some mulberry roses, a heart needle, an owl charm and some white self.adhesive pearls.
I also used some diamond stickles one some parts of the card.


 Here is the ready card.
You can of course use more decorations than I did, its all what you like. :)


I really hope that you like my tutorial, I sure had fun making it.   :)

Many hugs from Linda

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! Very nice! Good work!
Hugs MiaN

Unknown said...

Wonderful job on this project, Linda!!

Tonya said...

Awesome job on the card! Gorgeously done! Also I'm a new follower :-)

Tonya

http://creativeaddictiontopaper.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

great tutorial & fab card. Thanks for sharing xx
BIF
Teresa
Ceesa's Card Creations

Dusty said...

Love the card and the tut was awesome!!!

Linda Simpson said...

Fabulous card and thanks for the tutorial.

Hugs
Linda xxx

Gwyneth said...

A lovely card and nice to see a pictorial guide to how you made it.

Im just me - Marleen said...

Stunning card hun, and FAB tut xxx

Kate M said...

Great Tri-shutter card and tutorial.
You didn't mention the measurements for cutting the card though.
xx

Unknown said...

This is so cool Linda...Love it!!!!

Sukie said...

Great card, I have never made a shutter card before! Thanks for the tutorial! BIF

deb said...

What a great card, and a really good tutorial. Deb

rachel said...

This is so beautiful; I love shutter cards! Thank you for sharing!!
Rachel

Cara said...

Beautiful card Linda!
TFS - Cara
(BIF)

Kristine said...

WOWIE, this is gorgeous!! I love those tri-shutter cards. And your papers and everything are just lovely. :)